Every business site is advised to secure every page with SSL certificates due to two reasons:
- Google Chrome posts a “Not secure” warning on EVERY page that doesn’t have SSL, regardless of whether or not the page takes transactions or shares personal information. To avoid this potentially worrisome message, the best practice for sites is to employ Always-on SSL (AOSSL) by employing https for all pages on all sites.
- Popular search engines award better search ranking to pages with SSL, once again regardless of whether or not they take transactions or share personal information.
Research shows that the presence of this branded address bar (often called the “green address bar” because most browsers highlight your company name in green) increases consumer confidence in online businesses and therefore transactions. When visiting a site with a branded address bar, customers report these responses:
- 53% are more likely to view it as a safe site for conducting business
- 22% are more likely to view the business as established and stable
- 50% are more likely to engage in financial transactions
- 37% are more likely to make a purchase
CodeGuard Website Backup and Recovery
The CodeGuard site backup and recovery service is the easy way to achieve peace of mind that you can easily detect and recover your site from programming errors, malicious hacking, and malware infection. All in an automated cloud-based interface that you don’t have to be a computer programmer to use.
With CodeGuard you get:
- Enterprise-grade backups made easy for SMBs
- Malware monitoring and remediation
- One click restore
- Automatic WordPress plugin updates
CodeGuard automatically logs all changes to your site and allows instant restoration to a previous version at any time. It detects and notified you of changes to the site so that you can find about and reverse unauthorized hacking. It also discovers and removes malware infections from your site.