Sectigo Certificate Manager is the cloud-based platform that gives you complete visibility and lifecycle control over any certificate in your environment.
It provides the tools, support, and capabilities to reduce risk, quickly respond to threats, and control operational costs.
Manage All Certificate Types from a Single Platform
- Private CA
- Organization Validation (OV)
- Extended Validation (EV)
- Code signing
- EV Code signing
- S/MIME email
When administrators have real-time visibility, they can make the right decisions and take the necessary actions to protect their environments. Comprehensive scanning to discover all certificates in your environment regardless of the CA.
- Quickly scan your private and public networks
- Detect all SSL/TLS certificates currently in use regardless of the issuing Certificate Authority (CA)
- Identify important configuration details
- Present the data back to you in an organized, intuitive management dashboard
- Receive custom notifications for in-console alerts or by email
- Create detailed reports that include upcoming expiration, key length, hashing algorithms, and more
- Prevent down time from unexpected expirations with notices through email notifications and console alerts
SCM Lifecycle Management Capabilities
Full control, visibility and simple management for issuing, installing, remediating, and renewing certificates
- Instant Issuance - Instantly issue DV, OV, or EV SSL certificates for any pre-validated domain. Role-based user access enables individuals or teams with the ability to issue certificates across the organization
- Configuring & Installation - Automatic configuration and installation of certificates using SCEP, REST, or EST to automate certificate deployment across the network.
- Remediation - Real-time alerts enable administrators the ability to spot potential weaknesses and remotely fix or revoke certificates on demand.
- Renewals - Certificates can be manually renewed set for automatic renewal to avoid unintended expirations or downtime.
Certificate Lifecycle Management
Because network environments are continually expanding to include new secure web-based projects, ensuring a secure web environment entails increasing need to provision and manage certificates. Managing large quantities of certificates with their broad set of types, vendors, and expiration dates can pose a challenge to even the most sophisticated enterprise.
For enterprises with large web environments, the process of managing every SSL certificate’s lifecycle can lead to oversights, manual errors, improper configuration, weak ciphers, and outages due to unexpected expirations. SCM reduces the risk of these events by ensuring complete certificate lifecycle management for all enterprise online assets.
Simplify issuance and deployment and spend less time manually managing certificates. Automation in website security helps enterprises maintain control while keeping secure and compliant.
Workflow automation has become a necessity for administrators and it enables them to:
- Save time
- Reduce costs
- Minimize human errors
- Improve business efficiency
Through the SCM, API administrators can integrate directly into the platform and automate processes of the certificate lifecycle including purchasing, renewing, installing, revoking, or updating certificates across their entire environment.
- Provide critical detection for misconfigured certificates
- Identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Assign each certificate and server a grade
- Receive remediation action plans, as needed
Private Certification Authority Service
Issue & manage private SSL certificates in SCM
Private CA is a feature in SCM providing enterprises with a low-cost way to secure and manage their private intranet certificates while adhering to corporate and industry compliance standards. Through the SCM platform administrators can issue, view and manage their intranet certificates in addition to their Sectigo certificates -- all from a single platform to avoid risks, errors, or hidden costs that can be associated with self-signed certificates.
Common uses for private certificates include:
- Intranet sites
- VPN or wireless authentication
- Device identification – mobile device deployments or BYOD
- Internet of Things (IoT) projects
- Securing communications between internal services
Code Signing in the Cloud
Secure and manage code signing certificates in the Comodo CCM PKI infrastructure
Code Signing certificates are used by software developers to digitally sign applications and software programs to prove that the file a user is downloading is genuine and has not been compromised. This is especially important for publishers who distribute their software through third-party download sites, which they may have no control over. Major operating systems will show end users an error message if the software they are trying to install is not signed by a trusted CA.
The Certificate Manager platform has both a hosted and cloud based service that provides a fast and simple interface through which developers can upload, sign and quickly collect their signed software.
- Ensure certificate keys are securely stored and available only to authenticated user
- Help mitigate the risk of accidental loss or theft
- Protect users from downloading compromised software.
Certificate Manager is also capable of hash signing; developers can upload a hash of their files for signing instead of the file itself. The developer would then need to embed the hash with their files. Certificate Manager can be used to sign:
.EXE .JAR .DLL .APK .CAB .WAR
.MSI .Android applications .OCX .SYS
360 Degree Digital Identity Management
The challenge with digital identity management is to ensure that the identity can be 100% automatically installed, renewed, and revoked when the user or device is no longer associated with the enterprise business. Sectigo Certificate Manager provides a single user interface to manage all the digital identities issued across the entire enterprise for people and devices.
The Certificate Manager API can be integrated with your employee
HR or device inventory system, so when people/devices leave or join the
enterprise their digital identity can instantly be activated/deactivated
by revocation, without touching the device.
There is no need to replace your Microsoft CA to issue certificates, rather Certificate Manager will allow you to automate the provisioning of certificates to devices which until now have been manual, such as wireless access points and non-windows web servers.
The discovery capability will search your network looking for orphaned certificates that need to be managed. Certificates issued by third parties can be managed, and prior to expiry automatically updated preventing a service outage.
Certificate Manager supports fully automated certificate lifecycle management with a variety of industry standard protocols, with no need to implement costly propriety solutions.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
- Windows Client Certificate Enrollment Protocol (MS-WCCE) for desktops and servers
- Certificate Management Protocol v2 (CMP) RFC 4210
- Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) RFC7030
- Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME) IETF draft
Additional Solutions Available
Track all changes and instantly restore your site to any previous version, including automatic detection and removal of malware.
With our trusted, mutual-authentication solutions for IoT devices and networks, you can be assured your connected devices are safe from malicious attacks.
Digitally sign applications and software programs and assure customers that the file they are downloading is legitimate and safe. Supports all major 32-bit/64-bit formats.
Secure your email by digitally signing and encrypting communications with our Email certificates, also called Personal ID certificates.
Contact Us For More Information
Get Industry-leading Solutions for Your Online Business
With world class solutions that identify, prevent and combat web-based threats, Sectigo helps businesses protect their customers and reach their goals.